Courgette Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Courgette Cake!
Delicious, gluten free, and (relatively) healthy.
I made several of these with home-grown courgettes this summer (original version, with thanks, from Tinsku at http://tinskunkeittiossa.blogspot.co.uk)
Chocolate Courgette Cake
- 6 dl grated courgette
- 2 dl mild tasting olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 dl almond flour
- 3-4 dl sugar
- 1,5 dl dark coca powder (no sugar)
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar or a pinch of real vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix oil, eggs and sugar with the courgette. Mix the other dry ingredients together. Then mix everything together into a smooth mixture. Pour into a prepared tin. I use a silicone loaf tin, lightly oiled. If you are using another tin, you can oil and lightly coat in the almond flour.
- Bake at 175C for 50-60 min.
- Let it cool in the tin for around 1/2 hour before turning out.